Definitions: Payment Types
The Payment Types definition controls the payment type options that appear when entering a Patient Payment. Changes affect all patients. The option at the top of the list is the default.
Add or Edit Payment Type Options
- Click Setup, Definitions, then select Payment Types.
- Click Add to add a new payment type, or double-click a payment type to edit.
- Name: The name of the payment type.
- N=Not selected for deposit: Enter N to remove the selected payment type from Deposit Slips.
- Click OK to save.
On the main Definitions window, highlight a type, then click the up/down arrows.
Hide a Type
Hiding a payment type means it will no longer be visible as a selection option.
- On the main Definitions window, highlight the type, then click Hide.
- On the Edit Definitions window, check the Hidden box.
To unhide a category, uncheck the Hidden box on the Edit Definitions window.