In the Payment window, click XCharge. Select Void from the list of transaction types.
XCharge (OpenEdge) credit card payments or returns can be voided when the original transaction was processed in the last 24 hours and has not been deposited to your account. Voiding removes the original transaction from the patient's bank the same day. If the transaction is older or has been deposited, you can return the payment instead (see Credit Card Return). Returns require a few days to process.
To void a XCharge transaction:
- In the patient's Account Module, click Payment.
- Enter a negative amount (e.g. -50). It must match the original transaction amount. Click OK to open the Payment window.
- Clinics: If using Clinics, verify the correct clinic is selected.
- Current Payment Splits: Allocate the void's payment split (paysplit) to a procedure or unearned income type.
- If voiding a payment that has been allocated: Add a paysplit associated to the original procedure. Check Show All Charges, locate the charge for the original procedure, then click Add Partial and enter a negative split amount.
- If voiding a prepayment that hasn't been allocated yet, add a paysplit and assign the unearned type of the original prepayment.
- If the original payment was not allocated to a procedure or unearned type, you do not need to create a paysplit.
If no paysplit is added, an unallocated paysplit will be created.
Click Search to locate the original transaction.
Highlight the transaction and click OK to fill the X-Charge Release window with the original transaction details.
Click Process or F12 to complete the void, the payment window will automatically close.
The Credit Card Transaction Details will be automatically added to the payment note. Double click the payment to print or email a receipt.
Note: Payments allocated to procedures for multiple family members will post to each patient account.