A report server can be useful to large offices to prevent lockups and slowness in a live database.
In the Main Menu, click Setup, Reports. Select the Report Server tab
Alternatively, in the Standard Reports window, click Setup. Select the Report Server tab.
- The Report Server tab is not available for Open Dental Cloud users.
- Always keep the report server database up-to-date so reports are run on current data.
Currently the report server can run the following:
- Production and Income
- Daily Adjustments
- Capitation Utilization
- Finance Charge
- Insurance Plans
- Receivables Breakdown
- Referral Analysis
- Daily Write-offs
- Graphic Reports
- User Queries
- Task Search
- Audit Trail
- Wiki Search
Setting up the Report Server
To set up a report server, see One-Way Replication.
Use separate reporting server: Check to enable the connection settings.
Direct Connection: Select to connect via a direct connection.
- Server Name: The name of the computer acting as the report server.
- Database: The database to connect to.
- MySQL User: Default user is root. See MySQL Security.
- MySQL Password: The user password (if you have set up MySQL users and password).
Middle Tier, URI: Select to connect via Middle Tier.
- URI: Enter the Middle Tier URI.