Ortho case information for a patient includes the insurance plan's orthodontic claim defaults and the patient's orthodontic treatment information (total months, total used, time remaining).
Two preferences in Ortho Setup determine if and where Ortho Case information shows:
- Show ortho case in Account Module
- Show ortho case information in the Ortho Chart
Ortho Case Tab
When Show ortho case in account module is selected, an Ortho Case tab shows next to Patient Account in the Account Module.
Primary/Secondary/Other Ins: Shows the insurance plan's orthodontic claim information as entered on the Edit Insurance Plan Window, Ortho tab. Double click anywhere in the area to open the Ortho Patient Setup window.
ClaimType: How the carrier wants to receive orthodontic claims (Ortho Claim Type).
- Initial Claim Only: Send a single orthodontic claim for the initial procedure.
- Initial Plus Visit: Send an orthodontic claim manually for the initial procedure and each subsequent visit.
- Initial Plus Periodic: Send an orthodontic claim manually for the initial procedure, then send periodic claims based on a specific frequency, fee, and procedure. This setting makes the patient eligible for the Auto Ortho Tool (Auto Ortho Claim Generation).
The following information may also show:
- Frequency: How often the claim will be auto-created (Auto Proc Period). Only shows when claim type is Initial Plus Periodic.
- FeeBilled: The procedure fee billed in the claim (Orth Auto Fee). Only shows when claim type is Initial Plus Periodic.
- LastClaim: The last date an orthodontic claim was created.
- NextClaim: The date the next automated claim will be created. Only shows when claim type is Initial Plus Periodic.
Pat Ortho Info: Displays the patient's orthodontic information once the initial orthodontic procedure has been completed.
- Total Tx Time: The patient's total amount of time in treatment time in months and days.
- Date Start: The date the initial orthodontic procedure was set complete. See Ortho Setup to select criteria for the default initial orthodontic procedure. To manually enter a different date, enter a date for Ortho Placement Date, then click Override. To reset the default date, click Default.
- Tx Months Total: The total number of treatment months. The default is set in Ortho Setup. To manually enter a different total, enter the number of months in Patient Ortho Months Treat, then click Override. To reset the default, click Default. This amount is used to determine the end date for orthodontic claims generated using the Auto Ortho Tool.
- Months in Treatment: The amount of months since the patient's initial orthodontic procedure was set complete.
- Months Rem: The amount of treatment months remaining.
When Show ortho case in ortho chart is selected, an Ortho Info grid shows in the upper left corner of the Ortho Chart. It displays the same Pat Ortho Info that shows in the Ortho Case tab (above)