The Open Dental Replication Service is used to monitor the replication Replica status.
This service is required for Replication users. It will notify all users and IT staff if replication crashes via Alerts.
- The OpenDentalReplicationService will only list in the Service Manager on the server computer.
- The service should only be installed on the replication servers, since additional installations on workstations may cause conflicts.
- If using One Way Replication, this service only needs to be installed on the Report Server.
Installing the OpenDentalReplicationService
The OpenDentalReplicationService is installed on the server for each location running replication.
To install the OpenDentalReplicationService:
- In the Main Menu, click Tools, Misc Tools, Service Manager.
- Click Add.
- Name the service as OpenDentalReplicationService.
- Click Browse and select the OpenDentalReplicationService.exe. This is typically located in \Program Files (x86)\OpenDental\OpenDentalReplicationService\.
- Click Install.
- Enter your configuration settings.
- If using one way replication, check Is one way replication and enter Primary (Master) connection settings.
- Click Start. The status will update to Installed, Running.