The Open Dental Replication Service is used to monitor the replication slave status.
This service does not currently work for One-Way Replication (e.g. Report Servers).
In the Service Manager, double-click OpenDentalReplicationService.
Note: The OpenDentalReplicationService will only list in the Service Manager on the server computer. The service should only be installed on the replication servers, since additional installations on workstations may cause conflicts.
This service is required for customers using Replication.
Installing the OpenDentaReplicationService
The OpenDentalReplicationService is installed on the server for each location running replication.
To install the OpenDentalReplicationService:
- In the Main Menu of Open Dental, click Tools, Misc Tools, Service Manager.
- Click Add.
- Name the service as OpenDentalReplicationService.
- Click Browse and select the OpenDentalReplicationService.exe. This is typically located in \Program Files (x86)\OpenDental\OpenDentalReplicationService\.
- Click Install.
- Enter your configuration settings.
- Click OK to close the Configuration window.
- Click Start. The status will update to Installed, Running.