Email templates can be used for frequently sent email messages that have similar content.
When Email Send, on the Edit Email window, Email Template area, select a template and click Insert. The template's subject and message will replace any existing text.
Templates are listed alphabetically. To delete a template, click Delete.
Add or Edit Email Templates
- Click Add to create a new template, or highlight a template then click Edit.
- Description: Enter the template name. It can differ from the email subject.
- Subject: Enter the subject of the email. Message replacement fields can be inserted in the subject to pull information from the database (e.g. insert [ApptDate] to automatically insert appointment date). To insert message replacement fields in the subject:
- Position the cursor where you want to insert the field.
- Click Subject Fields.
- Double click a field (black text) to insert it. Fields in red text cannot be inserted.
You may also manually type the replacement (e.g. [LName]), but make sure it exactly matches the field name. They are case-sensitive.
- Body: Enter the body message. To insert message replacement fields in the body message, position the cursor where you want to insert the field, click Body Fields, then double click the field to insert.
- Attach: Click to attach images or files to the template. Select the file, then click Open. Attachments will list in the box. Double click to preview; right click to Open, Rename, or Remove.
- Click OK to save the template.