Change Healthcare (formerly Emdeon) is an e-claims clearinghouse.
In the Main Menu, click Setup, Family/Insurance, Clearinghouses, double click on Emdeon.
Updating to TLS 1.2
07/24/2018: Offices already using Change Healthcare to submit electronic claims must update their installation to TLS 1.2 by November 2018. TLS 1.2 is a more secure method of sending claims. The update must happen on all workstations set up to send e-claims.
To update your Change Healthcare installation, follow steps 4 through 8 under New Change Healthcare Registrations below.
New Change Healthcare Registrations
Offices wishing to use Change Healthcare can register using the steps below.
If a second office is signing up but using a different database, you must acquire a separate username and password from Open Dental. If the second office is using the same database, refer to Clearinghouse Clinic Setup.
- Call Open Dental at 503-363-5432 and we will provide you with a Login ID and a Password.
- Fill out a registration form and fax it to Change Healthcare at 860-289-0055.
- Batch claim registration forms:
- Electronic Eligibility registration form: Registration $17.95 per provider per month (PDF)
Note: If you are already signed up for batch claims and would like to add electronic eligibility, fill out the Electronic Eligibility form and send to Change Healthcare to complete your enrollment. If you are not signed up for claims, you can sign up for both simultaneously.
- Download and run WebMD Eclaims Setup.exe on the workstations where you will be sending claims from. Set the Change Healthcare client program to always run as administrator. The program location is indicated in the Launch Client Program field on the Edit Clearinghouse window.
- Download and save WebMd_FileTransfer_ConClient.zip.
- Right click the zip file and select Extract All....
- Browse to and select the WebMD installation folder. Typically C:\Program Files (x86)\WebMD.
- Click Extract in the lower right.
- A Replace or Skip files window will appear. Select Replace the files in this destination. This will update the necessary files for claim submission.
- In Open Dental, set up the Emdeon clearinghouse (WebMD and Emdeon are the same company) using screenshot above as a reference.
See Send Claims for instructions for sending claims.
See Electronic Eligibility and Benefits for electronic eligibility instructions.
If you have trouble with the claims or need payer enrollment, you may need to contact Emdeon. See https://www.changehealthcare.com/contact.
Payer Enrollment Forms:
Dental Payer Lists: http://www.emdeondental.com/PayerLists.aspx
For Denti-Cal carriers, you must also enter the Denti-Cal password on the Denti-Cal Clearinghouse Setup window.
- In the main menu, click Setup, Family/Insurance, Clearinghouses, and double click on Denti-Cal.
- For Clearinghouse ID (ISA08) make sure DENTICAL is entered.
- Enter the Denti-Cal password.
- Click OK.