In Dental School Setup, click Grading Scales.
Dental School grading scales are attached to Dental Student Evaluations to calculate a grade. To set up grading scales, the logged on user must have the Setup security permission.
Click Add, or double click an existing grading scale to edit.
Enter an identifying description.
Select the type of grading scale. There are three options:
- Percentage: Assumes a 0 - 100% grading scale. Instructors will manually enter percentages when filling out an evaluation.
- Weighted: Used to assign different values (e.g. points) to evaluation criteria. Instructors will manually enter values when setting up an evaluation.
- Pick List: Grading scale will contain a list of pick-able items (e.g. A, B, C, D, F). See step 5.
If Pick List is the grading scale type, enter the pick list items:
- Click Add.
- Enter the grading item details, then click OK to save.
- Grade Showing: What shows for the student (e.g. A, B, C, D, F).
- Grade Number: The number value associated with the grade.
- Description: A description of the grade and value.
Repeat for each pick list item.
Click OK to save the grading scale.