Use the Draw tab to manually add additional indicators on the graphical tooth chart.
In the Chart Module, click the Draw tab.
Freehand draw on the Graphical Tooth Chart using a mouse or touch screen. This is useful to indicate items that do not already have a graphic (e.g., cracked teeth, abscesses, supernumerary teeth, lingual arch wires, etc.)
Drawing on the Chart
Use the following features to draw on and customize the tooth chart.
Set Color: Select the color to use when drawing or typing. Colors match what is set in Definitions: Chart Graphic Colors. Alternatively, click Other to select a custom color. The selected color displays on the right.
- Pointer: Use to select teeth when charting procedures. After drawing on a tooth chart, always have Pointer selected before moving on.
- Move Text: Use to move custom text around on the tooth chart. Only available with DirectX 11.
- Pen: Use to draw on the tooth chart.
- Eraser: Use to erase drawings.
- Change Color: Use to change the color of a drawing or text. Select the new color, then select Change Color, and click on the drawing or text within the tooth chart.
Text: Add or delete custom text to the tooth chart.
- Add: Click to add Text.
- Delete: Highlight text from the box above, then click to delete.
- Custom text added here is separate than text added by Procedures with a Paint Type of Text. DirectX 11 Graphics must be enabled for text to display on the tooth chart.
- Custom text is not available for Open Dental Cloud users.