DBSWin is digital imaging software. Website: http://www.airtechniques.com/product/dbswin-imaging-software/.
To enable the bridge:
- In the Main Menu, click Setup, Program Links. Double click on DBSWin from www.duerruk.com.
- Check the Enabled box.
- Double click on a row in Additional Properties to change settings.
- You can use the PatNum (enter 0) or ChartNum (enter 1) as the patient ID.
- Verify the Text file path Value.
- Set up a clickable bridge button.
- Under Add a button to these toolbars, highlight where to display the button.
- Enter the Text on button.
- (Optional) Import an image to show on the button (22 x 22 pixels).
- Click OK.
In order for the bridge to work, configure the DBSWIN settings.
- Log into DBWSIN as administrator.
- In the Main Menu select Options. Click the Configuration tab and select Modules.
- Double click Patient.
- Check the Show button for patient data import from file box and verify the path matches the Text file path in Open Dental.
In DBSWIN, a button in the patient module starts the data input from the import file. If a file is present, the button will be marked red. Clicking the button reads the data into DBSWIN.
- If the patient exists in DBSWIN, it will be selected.
- If not, mode New Patient is entered.
- If a patient exists with same name, but other Card Number, then Edit Mode is entered.
- In both cases, click Save to save to database.
Automatic mode: If you wish to automatically select a patient and switch to Viewer as soon as import file is present, edit the file bin\Ldbs.ini. Enter/change in Section [Patient] the line: AutoActivatePatient=1, normally set to 0.