In the Main Menu, click Setup, Program Links. Double-click on MediaDent from www.mediadentusa.com.
MediaDent is imaging software. Website: http://www.mediadentusa.com/. CADI Bridge is a re-branded version of MediaDent.
To enable the bridge:
- Check the Enabled box.
- Verify the Path of file to open.
- Double click on a row in Additional Properties to change settings.
- You can use the PatNum (enter 0) or ChartNum (enter 1) as the patient ID.
- Verify Text file path.
- Enter MediaDent version either 4 or 5.
- Verify Image Folder path.
- Set up a clickable bridge button.
- Under Add a button to these toolbars, highlight where to display the button.
- Enter the Text on button.
- (Optional) Import an image to show on the button (22 x 22 pixels).
- Click OK.
- Text File Path: Only used with version 5. Patient data will be written to a text file. You must make sure that the path specified is valid on all computers and that the user has Windows permission to write to that file. Warning! The default text file path is actually a poor choice because Vista does not normally allow users to write directly to the C drive. A better choice would be: C:\Mediadent\MediadentInfo.txt. But you would have to make sure to create a C:\Mediadent folder on each workstation and assign full read/write permissions to that folder in Windows. Also, you might have to specify a fully qualified path for the file to open in the text box further up. Like this: C:\Program Files\Mediadent\Mediadent.exe, or whatever the usual path is. The disadvantage of doing this is that the path might be different on 64 bit machines. So try the simpler path as shown above first.
- MediaDent Version 4 or 5: Enter either 4 or 5. In Version 6.6, the bridge was overhauled to include support for MediaDent v5.
- Image Folder:Only used with version 4. After upgrading to version 6.6, the Image Folder may have to be reentered.