Global Security Settings
Global Security settings affect all users.
In the Main Menu, click Setup, Security, Security Settings.
Timecard Security Enabled:
- Checked: Enables the 'Users cannot edit their own time card' box (see below).
- Unchecked: Disables the 'Users cannot edit their own time card' box.
Users cannot edit their own timecard: This option can only be changed if the Timecard Security Enabled box is also checked. The setting of this box will override the Edit All Timecards security permission.
- Checked: Individual users cannot make changes to their time card.
- Unchecked: Individual users can make changes to their time card. Since error fixing is tracked well in time cards, most offices keep this box unchecked because it is useful when employees can make notes and fix errors.
Disable Monthly Backup Reminder:
- Checked: The monthly Backup Reminder will no longer show. Do not disable unless you have an established backup and recovery process (for HIPAA compliance). A password is required to change this option. It is abracadabra.
- Unchecked: The next backup reminder will show one month after the date it is deselected.
Log off when Windows logs off:
- Checked: Automatically logs the current user out of Open Dental whenever they log out of Windows.
Passwords must be strong:
Strong passwords require special character:
- Checked: When passwords must be strong, the password must also contain at least one special character (e.g. #, $, !).
- Unchecked: A special character is not required.
Force password change if not strong:
- Checked: When passwords must be strong, users who do not have a strong password will be required to change their password the next time they log on so it meets criteria.
- Unchecked: Users will not be required or prompted to change to a strong password.
Manually enter log on credentials:
- Checked: Requires users to manually type their user name when logging in.
- Unchecked: Users will select their user name from a list.
Automatic logoff time in minutes (0 to disable): Set a time when, after a period of inactivity, Open Dental will automatically log off the current user. Enter 0 if you do not want an automatic log off time. If automatic log off is turned on, and you manually click Log Off, any unsaved changes will be lost, and no warning message will show.
Domain Login: Log in using Setting up Single Sign On / Domain Login.
Global Lock: Click Change to apply a Global Lock Date.
OK: Closes the window and saves changes.
Cancel: Closes the window without saving changes.