Standard Report Setup
Report Setup controls the default settings for Standard Reports as well as which reports list on the Standard Reports window. To access this area, in the Main Menu, click Reports, Standard Reports, then Setup in the upper left corner. The Setup Permission is required.
Click the Report Settings tab to choose the default settings for standard reports.
Wrap columns when printing: Set the default text wrap setting for complex reports and when printing user queries.
- Checked: By default, column text will automatically wrap if needed.
- Unchecked: Text will not wrap.
Default to using Proc Date for PPO writeoffs: Set the default method for when to 'Show insurance writeoffs' in Production and Income, PPO Writeoff, and Daily Writeoff, and Receivable Breakdown reports. See Applying Writeoffs to Production for more details.
- Checked: Apply writeoffs on the procedure date. This will make 'Using procedure date' the default on each report window.
- Unchecked: Apply writeoffs on the date the insurance payment is entered. This will make 'Using insurance payment date' the default on each report window. If using Global Lock Dates select this method.
Show PatNum: Aging, OutstandingIns, ProcsNotBilled: Set whether the patient number shows with patient name in the Aging of A/R, Outstanding Insurance Claims, and Procedures Not Billed to Insurance reports.
- Checked: Patient number will be included (e.g. 40-Dawn, Trisha).
- Unchecked: Patient number will not be included (e.g. Dawn, Trisha).
Monthly P&I scheduled production subtracts PPO writeoffs:
- Checked: Anticipated production will be automatically reduced by PPO writeoff on the Monthly Production and Income Report (Scheduled column). This only applies to future dates where the work has not been completed and only affects insurance plans with a PPO Percentage plan type.
Default to showing clinic info on Daily P&I report: Set the default setting for Show Clinic Info on the Daily Production and Income report.
- Checked: By default, the report will print in landscape, show a clinic column, and can optionally be grouped by clinic (Show Clinic Info checked).
- Unchecked: By default, the report will print in portrait mode and clinic information won't show (Show Clinic Info unchecked).
Default to showing clinic breakdown on P&I reports: Set the default setting for Show Clinic Breakdown in production and income reports.
- Checked: By default the report will group by clinic (Show Clinic Breakdown checked).
- Unchecked: By default, the report will group by date and intermingle clinics (Show Clinic Breakdown unchecked).
Show a verbose history when previewing reports: Set the default setting for verbose history when running complex reports.
- Checked: By default, a report query will populate when a complex report is run. The query shows the elapsed time of each generated item in the report. This is useful for large offices whose reports take a long time to generate. Click Copy to Clipboard to save the history and paste into a document.
- Unchecked: A report query will not populate when a complex report is run.
Allow using today's date in Provider Payroll report: Set the default setting for selecting today's date in the Provider Payroll Detailed report.
- Checked: By default, today's date can be selected in the date range.
- Unchecked: By default, today's date cannot be selected in the date range. Leave this unchecked if you are using Claim Snapshot.
Calculate writeoffs by claim snapshot for today's date in Net Production Detail report: Set the default setting to determine if the report uses Claim Snapshot or writeoffs when using today's date to calculate net production.
- Checked: By default, the report uses Claim Snapshot for today's date.
- Unchecked: By default, the report uses writeoffs.
Note: If the date range is set to end today and the preference is unchecked, the report will not run.
Include procedures without a note in the Incomplete Procedures Report: Set the default setting for the 'Include procedures for patients with no notes on any procedure for the same day' checkbox on the Incomplete Procedure Note Report.
- Checked: By default, report will include completed procedures that have had no note entered for any procedure completed the same day (box checked).
- Unchecked: By default, the report will not include completed procedures with no signature, valid or invalid (box unchecked).
Include procedures with a note that is unsigned in the Incomplete Procedures Report: Set the default setting for the 'Include procedures with a note that is unsigned' checkbox on the Incomplete Procedure Note Report.
- Checked: By default, the report will include completed procedures that have no signature, valid or invalid (box checked).
- Unchecked: By default, the report will not include completed procedures with no signature (box unchecked).
(Version 16.2 only) Show the Provider Payroll report: Set whether the Provider Payroll report shows in the Production and Income Report window. This is not recommended for most offices.
Click the Display Settings tab to customize which reports show in the Standards Report window, the sort order of reports, and how reports are named.
Customize which reports are hidden: To hide a report in the Standard Reports window, click the Hidden cell until an X shows.
Click the Hidden cell again to remove an X and re-add the report.
Three reports are Hidden by default: Provider Payroll Summary, Provider Payroll Detailed, and Net Production Detail Daily.
Reorder a report: Reports can only be moved up or down within its section.
- Select the report.
- Click the Up/Down arrows in the lower right to move it up or down one spot.
Rename a report: Change the name that appears in the Standard Reports window. If a report is renamed, you can view the original name above the Up/Down buttons when the report is clicked.
- Click in the Display Name column for the report.
- Type the new report name.
Click OK to save all changes.
Note: The Dental Intel and Podium buttons can also be removed from the Reports window by selecting 'hide unused button' options in the Program Link window for each bridge.