Report Setup - Report Server
A report server can be useful to large offices to prevent lockups and slowness in a live database. Currently the report server can only run the Production and Income Reports.
There are two connection options:
Note: Always keep the report server database up-to-date so reports are run on current data.
To set up the Report Server:
- In the main menu click Reports, Standard Reports.
- Click Setup in the upper left corner.
- Open the Report Server tab.
- Check 'Use separate reporting server' to enable the connection settings.
- Enter the connection credentials for the desired connection method (see below).
- Click OK to save.
- Server Name: The name of the computer acting as the report server.
- Database: The database to connect to.
- MySQL User: Default user is 'root'. See MySQL Security.
- MySQL Password: The user password (if you have set up mySQL users and password).
- URI: If you do not know your URI, see Middle Tier Troubleshooting for help.
Note: When connecting via Middle Tier, the credentials of the logged on user are used to access the database.