Public Health Screenings
Use the public health screening tool to add screening groups, set permissions, and enter screening information. Public Health must be enabled in Show Features.
- In Chart Module Preferences, set whether screenings use custom screening forms (sheets) or the classic form.
If 'Screenings use Sheets' is checked, see Customize a Screening Form using Sheets.
- Add Screening Groups and Set Screening Permissions (see below).
- Screen Patients:
Screen Patients using the Classic Form
Screen Patients using a Custom Form
All public health screenings are managed via the Main Menu, Tools, Public Health Screening.
Screening groups already set up for the selected date range will list. If you change the date range, click Refresh to update the list:
- Click today to insert today's date.
left or right arrow to move back or forward one day.
- Enter a custom date range in the From/To fields.
Add Screening Groups
Typically a screening group is a classroom of children, but it can be as large as an entire school. Each group has the same date, screener, and location. If you revisit the same school later, it is considered a separate group because it will have a different date.
- On the Screening Groups window, click Add to add a group, or double click an existing group to edit.
- Enter general information about the screening group.
Date: The date the screening is taking place.
Description: A description of the screening group.
Screener: The screener name. If you select a provider this field will automatically populate.
Or Prov: If a Provider is doing the screening, select their name.
County: The County where the screening is occurring.
School: The Site of the screening.
Location: The place of service.
- Add the patients to be screened.
a. Click Add to open the Select Patient window.
b. Select the patient and click OK.
As patients are added, their name will show in the Patients for Screening grid with a permission status of 'unknown'.
- (optional) If using a custom screening form, click the Sheet dropdown to select the form for this screening. Default = the internal sheet. The form can also be selected at the time of the screening. Once selected, the setting is saved with the screening group.
- Double click a patient to open the Edit Patient Information window.
- If needed, patients can be added via the Select Patient window.
- To remove a patient, highlight then click Remove.
- Anonymous Screenings: Usually each person screened will have a patient record in Open Dental and permission to be screened. If there is no patient record, or a patient doesn't have permission, you can enter an anonymous
screening. Simply click Add Anonymous at the bottom of the Edit Screening window.
Set Screening Permissions
Only patients with a screening permission of 'Allowed' will be screened. Right click on a patient then select their permission level.
The options are unknown, allowed, no permission, refused, absent, behavior, and other.