Public Health: Screening Patients using the Classic Form
These steps explain how to use the classic screening form during a Public Health Screening.
- In the Main Menu, click Tools, Public Health Screening.
- Double click the screening group to select it. Screening groups are grouped by date. If needed, change the date and click Refresh.
Patients should already list under Patients for Screening.
- Only patients with 'allowed' permission will be screened. Change permissions if needed by right clicking on a patient.
- To change patient information, double click a patient then enter on the Edit Patient Information window.
- To add patients, see Add Screening Groups.
- Anonymous screenings do not require adding a patient or setting screening permissions. See Anonymous Screenings at the bottom of this page.
- Click Screen Patients. The classic screening form for the first patient with an 'allowed' permission that hasn't been screened yet will open.
- Enter the screening information:
Row: Determines the sort order of the screening in the list of screenings. Automatically uses the next row in the sequence.
Name: Cannot be changed from here.
Grade level, age, birthdate, race ethnicity, gender, urgency: Pre-filled if information is entered on the Edit Patient Information window, but can be changed.
Charting Options: Each option has a checkbox with three available states: blank, checked, or unknown . You only need to enter information that is needed by your organization.
- Click OK to save. A new row will show in the Screenings list for this patient.
- If there are more patients to screen, a new screening form will open for the next patient who has an 'allowed' permission and hasn't been screened. The new patient's information will be auto-filled if known. If not known, the information from the previous screened patient is automatically used.
- To exit screenings, click Cancel on the screening form. To resume, click Screen Patients again.
- If you delete a screening for a patient, their permission level returns to 'unknown'.
Anonymous screenings do not require adding a patient or setting screening permissions.
- Click Add Anonymous.
- Enter the information. All information except Name can be entered.
- Click OK, a new screening form will open, filled in with information from the previous individual.
- When finished click Cancel.
If the person needs treatment, consider entering them into the system as a regular patient (if not already entered) and putting their patient ID number in the Comments section.