ITRANS and Claimstream use CDA digital IDs. For instructions see the CDA website: services.cda-adc.ca
- Obtain your login and password from the CDA.
- SHA1 certificates are for computers running the XP operating system.
- SHA256 certificates are for computers running a Non-XP operating system.
Below are CDA Digital ID installation instructions that we received via a CDANet letter to providers.
- Sign in to the CDA Practices Supports Services website services.cda-adc.ca
- Click on MY CDA Digital ID.
- If linked to multiple offices, find the row with the office in question. Click Download Digital ID.
- Confirm the listed CDA Digital ID. Read the CDA Digital ID Subscriber Agreement and click the confirmation checkbox.
- Click Install with CDA Digital ID Installer.
- If not already installed, install the CDA Digital ID Installer. Follow the instructions.
- Copy the secure code listed on the website.
- Start the CDA Digital ID Installer software. Click Paste to paste the secure code in the window.
Note: The CDA Digital ID installer software should not be run as administrator.
- Click Submit to install the CDA Digital ID and other required items.
The steps below are specifically for hygienists. There is a new process using Instream. These instructions were provided to us by Instream. For assistance contact the Instream Canadian help desk at 1(855)521-1121.
When hygienist is billing under their own IDs, set the following on the Edit Provider Window
- Check Is CDANet Member.
- Enter CDHA provider number in the CDA Member ID field.
Step 1: Install Root Certificate
- Open Internet Explorer and go to www.instreamcanada.com.
- Click Support.
- Click Instream CLAIMS.
- Click Application Files under Downloads & Links.
- Click Instream ROOT Cert.
- Click Open in the dialog box.
- Click Install Certificate.
- Click Next.
- Select Place all certificates in the following store.
- Click Browse.
- Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities and click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- If you get a Security Warning, click Yes.
- Click OK on the Import Was Successful message.
- Close the Certificate Information Window.
Step 2: Change Compatibility View Settings
- In Windows Internet Explorer, click Tools or the Gear icon (Top right corner below the Red X).
- Click Compatibility View Settings.
- Type continovation.com in the Add this website box.
- Click Add.
- Click Close.
Step 3: Install Provider's Certificate
- Open Internet Explorer again and go to http://www.instreamcanada.com.
- Click Support.
- Click Instream Digital Certificate.
- Click on the correct dental provider type.
- Enter your certificate information. Password is case sensitive. To find certificate information, check for an email from Instream Canada with a password protected PDF. The password is the provider's 9-digit provider ID + office postal code in all lower case letters (no spaces between ID and postal code). If there is no email, visit CDHA Website and fill out the application form.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Submit to Instream.
- Click Yes for all the warning prompts (3).
A message will indicate the certificate was successfully issued and installed.