Follow this process to upgrade to MySQL version 5.0. This only needs to be done on the server.
- Download: MySqlUpgrade50.exe.
- Select open when given a choice, or double-click the file in the downloads folder.
- Select Unzip to save the files to the given location and to automatically run the installation program.
- If, for some reason, this needs run again later, a copy is on the hard drive at the specified location.
- Click Install and follow the instructions to complete the MySQL installation.