Note: Dropbox and SFTP were disabled in 16.3.47 and 16.4.19 due to extensive missing functionality. Missing functionality has been implemented in versions 17.1 and greater.
Dropbox is one of three options for storing images and documents in the A to Z Folder. This option allows you to store images off site on the cloud using Dropbox (www.dropbox.com). An internet connection is required.
- Set up a Dropbox account.
- Give Open Dental authorization to access Dropbox.
- Copy the contents of the A to Z folder to Dropbox.
- Setting up a Dropbox account can be done while authorizing access or separately.
- Be sure to address HIPAA-compliance issues. See HIPAA.
Set up Dropbox / Authorize Access
- In the Main Menu, click Setup, Data Paths.
- For A to Z Images folder for storing images and documents, select Store images in Dropbox.
- Enter the folder in Dropbox that will store the images and documents. The default is /AtoZ.
- Click Authorize Dropbox to set up a Dropbox account or authorize Open Dental access. A Dropbox sign in window will open.
- If you already have a Dropbox account, enter the email and password associated with the account and click Sign In.
- If you do not have a Dropbox account, click New to Dropbox? Create an account and follow the steps.
- Once you are signed into the account, Dropbox will prompt you to allow Open Dental to access its folder in Dropbox.
Click Allow to permit access.
- An access code will show on the screen. Enter it in the Enter Access Token box in the lower left corner, then click OK.
- On the Edit Paths window, the Access Token will show.
Click OK to save and close the window.
- Create a mirror copy of the A to Z folders in Dropbox, Apps, Open Dental. Refer to Dropbox Help Center for instructions.
- If using the Dropbox desktop application, add the folders to the Dropbox folder on your desktop and the folders will automatically sync.
- If using the Web version, only folders with contents can be copied. You may need to manually create empty folders.