Supplemental Claim Payment are payments for procedures that have already been marked received. This can include additional payments, or negative amounts (e.g. insurance reduces a payment). Like any insurance payment, you must receive it, then finalize the payment by attaching it to the claim.
- In the Account Module, double click on the received claim.
- Highlight the procedure the supplemental payment applies to.
- Click Supplemental in the upper right corner.
- Enter the payment amount in the Ins Pay column, then click OK.
- On the Edit Claim window, click This Claim Only if finalizing a single claim, or Batch if finalizing for a batch payment.
- Enter the amount and verify the attached claim(s). See Finalize Insurance Payment.
- Click OK.
Note: Negative write-off amounts can be entered in a supplemental payment to account for adjustments to write-offs already entered, as long as the net write-off is 0 or greater. This is useful when the write-off amount changes and you do not want to or cannot change the original write-off amount (e.g. doing so would change historical reports).