Adjustments to Insurance Benefits is used when a patient uses benefits outside of your office.
In an Insurance Plan, at the upper right, is the Adjustments area.
Click Add to create a new adjustment.
This adjusts the benefits used to reflect estimates properly in the Treatment Plan. Once the patient's benefit year is up, the amount entered will no longer affect estimates. It will remain listed for future reference.
- The patient had treatment done at another office.
- You have just had a data conversion and need to account for prior claims that didn't convert.
Enter the adjustment information:
- Date: The date the adjustment is made. Make sure it falls within the correct benefit year.
- Insurance Used: The total amount of insurance used. Negative numbers are allowed to indicate rollover amounts available from previous year.
- Deductible Used: The deductible amount used.
Click OK to save.
Note: The insurance used will total all insurance adjustments added within the benefit year. For example, if a patient uses benefits outside the office on two separate occassions within their benefit year, you can add two separate entries in the insurance adjustments.