The Adjustments to Insurance Benefits section in the Edit Insurance Plan Window is used when a patient uses benefits outside of your office. This adjusts the benefits used to reflect estimates properly in the Treatment Plan. Once the patient's benefit year is up, the amount entered will no longer affect estimates. It will remain listed for future reference.
- The patient had treatment done at another office.
- You have just had a data conversion and need to account for prior claims that didn't convert.
- Click Add.
- Enter the adjustment information:
- Date: The date the adjustment is made. Make sure it falls within the correct benefit year.
- Insurance Used: The total amount of insurance used. Negative numbers are allowed to indicate rollover amounts available from previous year.
- Deductible Used: The deductible amount used.
- Click OK to save.