Adjustments to Insurance Benefits can be added when a patient uses benefits outside of the practice.
In an Insurance Plan, in the upper right, click Add.
This adjusts the benefits used to reflect estimates properly in the Treatment Plan. Once the patient's benefit year is up, the amount entered will no longer affect estimates. It will remain listed in the insurance plan for future reference.
Adjustments to Insurance Benefits can be used in the following scenarios:
- The patient had treatment done at another office.
- Entering benefits used for received claims that did not convert from another software.
- The patient has rollover benefits from a prior benefit year.
- The practice does not receive Assignment of Benefits for the insurance and wants to account for benefits used.
Enter the adjustment information:
- Date: The date the adjustment is made. Make sure it falls within the correct benefit year.
- Insurance Used: The total amount of insurance used. Negative numbers are allowed to indicate rollover amounts available from previous year.
- Deductible Used: The deductible amount used.
Click OK to save.
Added insurance adjustments display in the upper right of the insurance plan.
Note: The insurance used will total all insurance adjustments added within the benefit year. For example, if a patient uses benefits outside the office on two separate occasions within their benefit year, add two separate entries in the insurance adjustments.