Wiki lists are a way to store non-clinical data in a convenient table format. For example they can be used to store contact information or network devices. Wiki lists are stored as tables in the database, so they are both searchable and reportable.
View a List
Add a Row
Add a Column
Rename a List
Search a List
Query a List
Example of a wiki list used for storing contact information
User's must have security permission for 'Wiki List Setup' to add or delete columns, or to delete rows.
View or Add a List
- In the main menu, click Tools, Wiki. Then click 'Lists' in the top toolbar.
- Double click on a list to open, or click 'Add' to create a new list.
When you first create a list, there will be a static column on the left named "tablename"Num. This is the primary key column and cannot be moved or renamed. It can only change in width; any changes to heading will be ignored. If additional columns are added, the items in the list will be sorted alphabetically by the second column contents.
Add a Row - Entering Data
- Open desired wiki list
- On the right side, under 'Rows', click 'Add'.
- Click on a value to enter text, or select from a drop down menu.
- Click 'OK' to save. Changes to wiki will save automatically when closing.
Add a Column
- Open desired wiki list.
- On the right side, under 'Columns', click 'Add'.
- A new column will appear on the very right. The default name is "Column1". To rename the column, click "Edit".
- Double click a Column Name to rename. Double click 'Width' to change column size.
Add Pick List Options
- In 'Edit Wiki List', click 'Edit' under 'Columns'.
- Highlight the column name for the column you want to add a pick list for.
- Click 'Add' on the right side.
- Add each new option individually. Options can be deleted using the 'remove' button.
Move or Remove Columns
- Use the L / R buttons to move a selected column left (L) or right (R)
- Use the 'Delete' button under 'Columns' to delete the selected column.
Rename a List
- Open selected wiki list.
- Click 'Rename' in the upper right.
- Enter the name of the list and click OK. This name will be the identifiable name in the database, and will include no spaces or capital letters.
Search Wiki List
There are several ways to customize the wiki list search.
Enter the criteria in the Search field.
- If Highlight is selected, matching entries will highlight yellow and the list will automatically scroll to the first match.
- If Filter is selected, only the matching entries will display as unmatching entries are filtered out.
Click Adv. Search at the top to launch the Advanced Search window.
- Select a column or columns to limit the search to only those columns.
- Click OK. Search will change to Advanced Search in the Edit Wiki List window.
- Click Clear to return to the normal search.
Each wiki list represents a table in the database named using the follow format: wikilist_listname. You can generate a query from a wiki list using Queries. . Example: "SELECT * FROM wikilist_employeename"