Payment Plan Procedures and Credits
On the Payment Plan Procedures and Credits window, associate procedures and other credits to a Payment Plan. The total amount of credits attached determines the amount subtracted from the patient balance.
Print: Print a list of the procedures and credits that currently show in the Available Procedures/Payment Plan Credits grid.
Hide Unattached Procedures: Only show procedures that are already credited to this plan.
Show procedures that have not been explicitly paid off: Show all procedures that do not have enough attached credits (e.g. pay splits, adjustments) to cover the full cost of the procedure (e.g. procedures that have attached pay splits that only cover part of the cost).
Available Procedures: View all treatment planned and completed procedures that have a remaining patient portion due (yellow).
- Date: The procedure date.
- Stat: The status of the procedure. C = complete. TP = treatment planned.
- Code: The procedure code.
- Fee: The original procedure fee.
- Rem Before: The estimated patient portion after insurance estimates, writeoffs, and allocated payments are applied.
Payment Plan Credits: View all credits (blue) attached to this plan.
- Credit Date: The date the credit will appear on the account.
- Amount: The total amount of credit applied. Typically the Rem Before and Amount will match.
- Rem After: If attached to a procedure, the remaining amount due on the procedure after the credit is applied. Typically it will be zero.
- Note: The note entered with the credit information (see below).
Credit Information: Add, update, or remove credits in the Payment Plan Credit column. Credits can be attached to available procedures or unallocated.
- Code: If the credit is attached to procedure code, the code will show. Otherwise it will show Unattached to indicate unallocated.
- Date: This date determines when the credit will be applied to the account. If attached to a completed procedure, it defaults to the completed procedure date. If attached to a treatment planned procedure, it will show 'None' but will automatically update once set complete. If left blank, it defaults to today's date.
- Amt: The total credit amount to apply.
- Note: If attached to a procedure, defaults to the procedure code and a shorthand description. If using line item payment plans, this note will show in the Description column for PayPlan: Credit line items.
To add a credit for a procedure, highlight the procedure first. The credit fields will populate with the procedure information. Modify if needed, then click Add.
To add an unallocated credit, make sure no procedures are highlighted (click Clear). Enter the credit information and click Add.
To update an existing credit, first select it. Add will change to Update. Modify information as needed, then click Update.
To remove a credit, highlight it then click Delete.
Open Dental does not currently support automatic reversals for attaching payment plan credits to payment plans, but reversals can be made manually.
Backdating payment plan credits or changing payment plan credits in the past will change historical aging.