Insurance Plan List
The Insurance Plan List is useful to look up an insurance plan's details or benefits, to modify a plan for all plan subscribers, or to clean up duplicate plans.
Entering Insurance Plans for Patients
Updating Insurance Plan Information
Dropping Insurance Plans
Combining Insurance Plans
To open the list, in the Main Menu, click Lists, Insurance Plans, or from the Edit Insurance Plan window click Pick From List.
The first 200 results that match filter criteria will display. Click Get All to show all plans that match. Each line entry refers to an individual plan. The number of plan subscribers is indicated under the Subs column. Double click a plan to view carrier, plan, and benefit information.
To narrow or sort the list of plans, enter filter criteria:
- Employer/Phone/Group Name/Group Num: As you type in a field, only matching entries will list.
- Trojan ID: Only visible if Trojan is enabled. Filter by Trojan ID number.
- Plan Num: Filter by the insurance plan ID number (visible on the Edit Insurance Plan window).
- Show Hidden: Include/exclude plans that have been marked Hidden on the Edit Insurance Plan window
- Order By: Select the sort order of the list.
Combine: Combine duplicate plans into a single plan. See Combining Insurance Plans.
Hide Unused: Mark plans that have 0 subscribers as 'hidden'.
Blank Plan: Only visible when the list is accessed via the Edit Insurance Plan window. Click to open a blank Edit Insurance Plan window.
Questions and Answers
Q: I have duplicate insurance plans in the list. Why and how do I fix this?
A: There are a few reasons you may have duplicate plans. Sometimes plans look the same, but when the details are examined they are different. Thus what looks like duplicate entries is really different plans that share the same employer, carrier, group name, group number. Things to check:
- Benefits (percentages, annual max, other benefits, benefit year)
- Fee schedule assignments
- Plan type
If you created new insurance plans by mistake instead of using an existing plan, you can Combine Insurance Plans. Combining is irreversible and changes historical data.
To avoid creating new plans inadvertently, follow these guidelines:
- When changing a plan for all subscribers via the Edit Insurance Plan window, make sure 'Change plan for all subscribers' is selected.
- When entering a plan for a new patient, search for matching plans before creating a new plan (Pick from List).