Employment at Open Dental Software, Inc.
Open Dental is a rapidly growing dental practice management software company founded in 2003 and located in Salem, Oregon. We are currently hiring for the positions listed below. Email your resume to email@example.com and indicate which position you are applying for.
We generally don't hire someone who lives far outside of Salem because it's beneficial for us to have employees who live near the office.
Software Engineer (Programmer)
Open Dental Software is continuing to grow quickly and add new staff. We are interviewing candidates to fill a Software Engineer I position. The position mostly revolves around developing computer code for dentists and dental patients. We develop both internet browser based applications and Microsoft Windows server/client installed solutions. All of our software communicates with a relational database on the back end, usually MySQL.
The ideal candidate for the Software Engineer position will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or a software programming related field
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Experience with C# or Java a plus
- Collaborate with other software engineers and support technicians
- Design, code, test, debug, and implement solutions using software design patterns, style guides, and best practices
- Research and resolve customer reported issues. Participate in customer support and high level troubleshooting
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference
- Maintain historical records by documenting program development and revisions
- Maintain confidentiality
- Independently manage time effectively
Benefits include very good medical and dental insurance, 401k with match, two weeks paid vacation/sick pay which increases to three weeks after three years of employment. Wage for this position starts at $30-31/hr DOE, 40 hours per week. While we do not require employees to work over 40 hours per week, we generally allow it for employees who are interested.
Drug test and background check are required.
Software Engineer (Programmer) Intern
This position includes writing SQL queries, programming primarily in C#.net, possibly GWT, MGWT (Java implementations). We expect to teach you our patterns. You may also be working with customers at times to troubleshoot potential bugs.
The ideal candidate for the Software Engineer (Programmer) intern position will meet the following requirements:
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering major, Junior standing or greater
- Willing to work full time during the summer
Not required but helpful:
- C# and or Java knowledge or experience
- SQL/MySQL knowledge or experience
- Willing to work part time during the school year
Flexible schedule. Can start immediately. Drug test and criminal background check will be required. $16/hr to start.
Support Technician / IT Help Desk (Dental Software)
involves phone based support and online training for our dental office customers around the United States and abroad. The support technician will work locally while providing remote support. There is also the optional opportunity for occasional travel.
The job applicant must have at least ONE of the following:
- An associate's or bachelor's degree in any subject.
- Two years of experience in computer IT support.
- Two years of experience in a dental office (dental assistant, receptionist, etc.).
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate the following qualities:
- Good communication skills.
- Comfortable talking on the phone.
- Eager to learn and solve new problems.
- Experience with the dental field or customer service a plus.
Benefits include very good medical and dental insurance, 401k retirement with up to 4% company match, paid life insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation. We are open 5:00 am to 6:00 pm M-F, but
with light coverage early and late.
Compensation: $17-$22/hour, depending on qualifications.
Drug test and background check will be required.