Store Images in Dropbox
Dropbox is one of three options for storing images and documents in the A to Z folders (OpenDentImages). This option allows you to store images off site on the cloud using Dropbox ( www.dropbox.com). An internet connection is required.
- Set up a Dropbox account.
- Give Open Dental authorization to access Dropbox.
Note: Setting up a Dropbox account can be done while authorizing access or separately.
Set up Dropbox / Authorize Access
- In the main menu, click Setup, Data Paths.
- For 'A to Z Images folder for storing images and documents', select 'Store images in Dropbox'.
- Enter the folder in Dropbox that will store the images and documents. The default is /AtoZ.
- Click Authorize Dropbox to set up a Dropbox account or authorize Open Dental access. A Dropbox sign in window will open.
- If you already have a Dropbox account, enter the email and password associated with the account and click Sign In.
- If you do not have a Dropbox account, click 'New to Dropbox? Create an account' and follow the steps to set one up.
- Once you are signed into the account, Dropbox will prompt you to allow Open Dental to access its folder in Dropbox.
Click Allow to permit access.
- An access code will show on the screen. Enter it in the Enter Access Token box in the lower left corner, then click OK.
- On the Edit Paths window, the Access Token will show.
Click OK to save and close the window.