Conversions from another Software
If you need to convert from another dental software, we provide data conversions, conversion of scanned documents and patient pictures, and other services. For more information, please contact a conversion specialist at 503-363-5432 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our conversion department is generally available Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m (PT).
Data Conversion: Converts data from another software to an Open Dental database. The data that converts varies by software. See Data Conversion Fees for a breakdown.
Scanned Document (Image) Conversion: Converts scanned documents and patient pictures; it is not included in a data conversion and has a separate fee. It does not include x-rays. Image conversions only occur after a final data conversion.
How a Data Conversion Works
- Contact us to schedule a Test Data Conversion. This test conversion is done at no charge and shows you how Open Dental will work with your data.
- Work in the test conversion to see what your data looks like. Use the Pre-Conversion Document (PDF) as a guide.
- When you are ready to proceed with a Final Conversion:
- Contact us to schedule a conversion date.
- Verify the test conversion data is satisfactory.
- Complete and sign the Pre-Conversion Document and any other required software-specific documents (PDFs):
- Return the completed and signed documents to us before your final conversion date. We prefer that you scan and email them. Fax is also an option.
- Purchase Open Dental at least three days before your final conversion date.
- On your final conversion date, we will collect your data, convert it, then deliver it to you. See Final Conversion.
- Begin setting up, cleaning up, and using Open Dental.
For detailed walkthroughs and step-by-step help, see our YouTube Conversions webinars:
Payment: The first month's support fee and final data conversion fee must be paid BEFORE the date of the final conversion. Call us at least 3 days prior to the conversion date to make a payment. We accept payment via credit or debit card. To pay by check, you can pre-arrange to have a statement sent to you.
The conversion fee is separate from the support fee, so you can receive a conversion without signing up for support (e.g. if you need to convert from an old practice management solution that is no longer functional, such as in the case of a legal dispute for a retired doctor.)
Volume Discounts: Volume discounts are available to dental organizations doing multiple conversions (distributors excluded). Please confirm discounts with a conversion specialist. All conversion discounts must be approved by Open Dental management.
|First 3 data conversions:
|4 – 7 data conversions:
||$100 discount from full conversion price (if greater than $300)
| 8+ data conversions:
||$200 discount from full conversion price (if greater than $300)
Questions and Answers
Q: What happens to my conversion data after the conversion is complete?
A: By default, we retain a copy of test and final conversion data in a secure and encrypted location for approximately two months so we can provide assistance to customers if issues arise. Once two months have passed, the data is permanently deleted.
If you would like to increase or shorten the length of time data is retained, please notify us in writing (email). Also see our Business Associate Agreement.