Allowing eConnector through the Windows Firewall
These technical steps explain how to create an exception for the OpenDentalEConnector application to allow it through the Windows Firewall.
- Open the Control Panel and click Security.
- Click Windows Firewall.
- Click Advanced Settings, Inbound Rules.
- Click New Rule.
- Select Program, and click Next.
- Select This program path, then Browse. The default location for the eConnector file is C:\Program Files (x86)\Open Dental\OpenDentalEConnector\OpenDentalEConnector.exe.
- Click Next, then click Allow the connection.
- You may need to consult your IT department for profile selections.
- Enter a Name and a Description, such as "Open Dental eConnector".
- Click Finish.