In Program Links, double-click Payconnect from dentalxchange.com.
- On the Payment window, right click on PayConnect, Settings.
- (During first credit card transaction) On the payment window, click PayConnect.
Clinics can use different PayConnect login credentials for each clinic in a single database.
Check Enabled (affects all clinics) to enable PayConnect for all clinics. Unchecking disables PayConnect for all clinics. If the currently logged on user is restricted by clinic, only the clinic they have access to will show in the Clinic dropdown and they will not be allowed to uncheck the Enabled box.
Clinic Payment Settings: Set the payment settings for the Headquarters first.
- Select Headquarters as the clinic.
- Select the default payment type for PayConnect transactions. Customize options in Definitions: Payment Types.
- Select the default processing method: Web Service or Terminal.
- Enter the username and password supplied by PayConnect.
- Enable terminal processing: Check to use a credit card terminal for EMV transactions. The Download Driver button will display. Click to download and install the terminal driver (VeriFoneUSBUARTDriver_Vx_22.214.171.124_B5.zip). An internet connection is required. Once the driver is installed, contact PayConnect for additional setup instructions.
- Recurring charge list force duplicates by default: By default, duplicate charges to the same card, on the same day, for the same amount will be denied. This is to prevent accidentally charging a card twice. Check to allow duplicate charges on the same card by default. Used if family members have CC Recurring Charges setup on the same credit card.
- Prevent saving new cards: Uncheck to allow users to process new transactions or save new payment information to a patient's account. Check to prevent users from processing new transactions or saving new payment information.
Enter payment settings for each clinic. Headquarter settings will be used if clinic-specific changes are not made. For clinics not using PayConnect, select the clinic, then clear out the username and password. When the clinic is attached to a payment, the PayConnect button will not be visible.
Note: If the Headquarters username and password is the same as one or more other clinics, and the username and/or password is modified for Headquarters, the edits will affect the other clinics as well. To unlink them (assign different usernames/passwords), simply change the username or password for the clinic(s). Subsequent changes made to Headquarters credentials will no longer affect the clinic.
Click OK to save settings.
To set whether or not new credit and debit cards are saved to a patient's account after each transaction, see Account Module Preferences, Automatically store credit card tokens.