Use the Other tab on the Edit Patient Information Window to enter miscellaneous information about the patient.
SS#: Social Security Number. Dashes are automatically added.
Date of First Visit: This field is usually updated automatically based on the first appointment or procedure status.
- If the field is blank (no date of first visit), there are no completed procedures, and a new procedure is created (regardless of status), the date of the new procedure is automatically inserted.
- The date is updated when a procedure is set complete and no other completed procedures exist.
- The date is updated if an appointment date is changed, the appointment is marked as New Patient, and there are no completed procedures yet.
If the date of first visit is manually entered, it will not be updated when an appointment date or procedure status changes. However, the date is always cleared when an appointment marked as New Patient is deleted and there are no completed procedures.
Student Status if Dependent Over 19 (for Ins): Choose a student status for the patient. Used for insurance claims.
College Name: Enter the name of the college for the patient. Used for insurance claims.
Date of First Visit Logic
Setting the DateFirstVisit on the Patient table, other than directly editing it fro FormPatientEdit, is done in the following ways:
Procedures.SetDateFirstVisit method usage scenarios:
- When any procedure is inserted regardless of status, If no C procs and date blank, changes date.There is a bug in Appointments.ApptTypeMissingProcHelper in which the date could be update even if no procedures were inserted. This would occur if you chose an ApptType for an appointment, but all the procedures associated to it were already charted. I am unsure if there is a problem with updating this using the QuickAdd buttons from the ApptEdit window. If you have the ability to make a button that contains no codes then this would also cause an update to the DateFirstVisit.
- When updating a procedure to status C. If no C procs and date is blank or less than 7 days old, update visit date.
- When an appointment is deleted. If no C procs and appointment is set to IsNewPatient, clear visit date.
- When changing an appt date of type IsNewPatient. If no C procs, change visit date to selected date.
Most places set the first visit date to todays date from the server. Here are a few exceptions:
- FormRepeatChargeEdit Manual add will set the date to todays date based on the local machine (Possible bug)
- Dropping an appt on the schedule will use the DateSelected of the appointment module
- Marking a proc complete in the chart module will use the ProcDate of first selected Proc in the list of selected Procs
- The Appointments.ApptTypeMissingProcHelper uses the AptDateTime to set the date
- The QuickAdd in ApptEdit uses the AptDateTime as well
- In the HL7 parser, we utilize whatever is set to the ProcDate as the date first visit when we insert new procs