In Account Module Preferences, click the Misc Account tab.
Balances don't subtract insurance estimate: Be careful. This will cause estimated balances due to exclude estimated insurance payments. This is generally only used if your patients are responsible for all treatment as it is done, and you don't accept assignment of insurance benefits. All insurance payments then go directly to the patients without involving the dental office.
- Unchecked (default): Balance due in the Account module and statements will include estimated insurance payments. The captions in the Account module will be Total, InsEst, Est Bal (bold red), and Pat Est Bal.
- Checked: Balance due in the Account module and statements will exclude estimated insurance payments. The captions in the Account module will be Balance (bold red), Ins Pending, After Ins, Pat Est Bal.
Aging calculated monthly instead of daily:
- Unchecked (default): Aging is automatically calculated daily. This is the recommended setting.
- Checked: Aging must be manually updated using the Aging tool. The patient's account will be based on the last calculated date. We also recommend setting Global Security Lock Dates.
Show Payment Numbers in Account Module: This is needed for countries outside the U.S. and in Canada.
- Checked: Payment numbers will show in the payment description.
- Unchecked: Payment numbers will not show in the payment description.
Use UCR fee for billed fee even if PPO fee is higher: Set which fee is used as the billed fee when a PPO fee is higher than the UCR fees (PPO Insurance Plan only). Typically, if the PPO fee is higher than a provider's UCR fee, the PPO fee is used as the billed fee.
- Unchecked: For all PPO plan types, the PPO fee will be used as the billed fee if it is higher than the provider's UCR fee.
- Checked: For all PPO plan types, the UCR fee will be used as the billed fee, even if the PPO fee is higher.
Invoices' payments grid shows writeoffs: Determines whether or not insurance write-offs are included in the Payments grid on invoices.
- Checked: Include insurance write-offs for procedures in the Payments grid.
- Unchecked: Do not include insurance write-offs.
Age negative adjustments by adjustment date: Determines how negative adjustments are aged in the family balance and on aging reports.
- Checked: Subtracts negative adjustments from the family balance of each aging category. Also defaults Age negative adjustments as checked in the Aging of Accounts Receivable (A/R) Report.
- Unchecked: The sum of a family's negative adjustments will be applied to the oldest family balance.
Prompt user to allocate unearned income after creating a claim: Determines whether or not the user will be prompted to allocate unearned income to completed procedures when creating a claim.
- Checked: When a claim is created, the payment window will prompt the user to allocate unearned income to completed procedures (if there is unearned income not yet allocated).
- Uncheck: Prevents the payment window from prompting the user to allocate unearned income.
Allow Future Dated Transactions:
- Checked: Allows future dating of transactions (e.g. insurance payments, adjustments, etc).
- Unchecked: Prevents future dating of transactions.
- If this preference is enabled, Allow future payments (Insurance tab), and Allow future dated payments (Pay/Adj tab) are allowed.
- If this preference is disabled, Allow future payments (Insurance tab), and Allow future dated payments (Pay/Adj tab) are not allowed.
Payment Plans exclude past activity by default: Determines the default state for the Exclude Past Activity check box on the Payment Plan Window.
- Checked: The box is checked by default.
- Unchecked: The box is unchecked by default.
Pay Plans use Sheets: Determines whether printed payment plans will use the classic layout or a custom layout designed in sheets.
- Unchecked (default): Printed payment plans will use the classic format (not sheets).
- Checked: Printed payment plans will use the custom payment plan layout designed using sheets. A payment plan sheet can allow an electronic signatures. See Payment Plan Layout.
Pay Plan Charge Logic: Determines how charges and credits for Patient Payment Plans show in the patient account ledger and whether they affect balances, aging, and reports. This logic does not apply to insurance payment plans and will continue to use the old logic
- Do Not Age (Legacy): Payment plan debits (amounts due) and payments only show within the payment plan and will not affect balance or aging.
- Payment plan debits are totaled in the Payment Plans grid under Due Now.
- Payment plan payments do not show in the ledger but in the payment plan. Double-clicking the plan row is the only way to view payment plan payments.
- One payment plan credit (PayPln) will show as a single line item in the patient account ledger, thus reducing the total account balance by the amount. The credit amount is based on the Tx Completed Amt set in the payment plan.
- Other payment plan credits, debits, and payments do not show in the ledger nor do they affect balances or aging.
- The total A/R in the Aging of A/R report will not include payment plan due amounts.
- Only changes to the Tx Completed Amount affect aging and production and income reports.
- Payment plan amounts are not included on the Receivables Breakdown Report.
- Age Credits and Debits (Default): Payment plan debits, credits, and payments will show as line items in patient account ledger and affect balances and aging.
- Payment plan amounts due (PayPln: Debit) and credits (PayPln: Credit) show as line items in the patient account ledger.
- Payment plan payments show in the account ledger.
- Payment plan due amounts are included the patient's balance.
- Payment plan amounts due and payments are considered when calculating aging.
- Payment plan credits and debits are included on the Receivables Breakdown report.
- Changes made to historical payment plan charges will affect historical information (e.g. Aging of A/R, Production and Income reports).
- Age Credits Only: Patients are credited for payment plans when the credit comes due, but debits all exist separately from the account ledger.
- Each payment plan credit line item will show in the account ledger, sorted by Tx Credit date.
- Payment plan debits only show in the Payment Plan grid. They do not show in the account ledger.
- Payment plan amounts due will not be considered when calculating balances and aging.
- Payment plan credits and debits will not be included on the Receivables Breakdown report.
- Changes made to historical payment plan credits will affect historical information (e.g. Aging of A/R, Production and Income reports).
- No Charges to Account (Rarely Used):
- Payment plans have no affect on account balance.
- Payments to payment plans show in ledger and payment plan.
- Payment plan amount is not removed from aging.
- Payment plan amounts will not be included on the Receivables Breakdown report.
Hide "Due Now" in Payment Plans Grid: Only shows when Pay Plan Charge Logic is set to Age Credits And Debits. Select whether to label the last column in the Payment Plan grid to Closed or Due Now.
- Checked: The last column will be labeled Closed and indicate when the plan is closed and show no amounts.
- Unchecked: The last column will be labeled Due Now and show Due Now amount until the payment plan is closed.
Commlogs Auto Save: Determines whether or not Commlog entries save every ten seconds automatically after a change is made.
- Checked: Commlogs are auto-saved.
- Unchecked (default): Commlogs are not auto-saved.
Show Family Comm Entries by Default:
- Checked: The Show Family Comm Entries box in the Account module, Show tab is checked by default.
- Unchecked: This box is not checked by default.
Recurring charges use primary provider: Determines to which provider Recurring Charge payments will be applied.
- Checked: Payments will be applied to the patient's primary provider.
- Unchecked: Payments will be applied to the provider that the family owes the most money to.
Recurring Charges use transaction date: Select how the payment date is determined when running recurring charges.
- Checked: Payments will use the transaction date (the date the recurring charge is run).
- Unchecked: Payments will use the date the charge is scheduled to be processed (see Authorize Recurring Charges).
Recurring charges run automatically: Option to automate the recurring charge tool to run at a specific time during the day.
- Checked: Recurring charge tool will run automatically at a set time. Set the Recurring charges run time below.
- Unchecked: Disable the automatic run time to run the recurring charge tool manually.
Recurring charges run time: Set the time of day to automatically run the recurring charge tool. Use a 12-hour or 24-hour time format (include AM or PM).
Note: X-Web must be enabled for X-Charge users to use Recurring Charges.
Repeating charges runs aging after posting charges: Determines whether or not Aging is run after repeating charges are posted through the automated repeating charge service or repeating charges tool.
- Check: Aging is run automatically on accounts with newly posted repeating charges (checked by default).
- Uncheck: Prevent aging from running automatically after repeating charges have posted. To run aging using other methods, see Aging.
Repeating charges run automatically: Option to automate repeating charges to run at a specific time each day.
- Check: Repeating charges are posted automatically at a set time every day. Set the Repeating charges run time below.
- Uncheck: Disable the automatic run time to manually run the Repeating Charges tool.
Repeating charges run time: Set the time of day to automatically post repeating charges. Use a 12-hour or 24-hour time format and include AM or PM. The OpenDentalService must be installed and running during the scheduled run time.