In the Mass Emails window, click Birthday Messages.
Mass Email Birthdays allow automated birthday messages to be sent to patients using the criteria set in this window.
Send Time: Determines when to send the birthday messages.
- Before birthday: Send the email before the birthday. Enter the number of days prior to send.
- After birthday: Send the email after the birthday. Enter the number of days after to send.
- On birthday: Send the email on the day of the birthday.
Do not send birthday greetings to patients under __:
- Checked: Exclude patients from receiving birthday messages if they are under a specific age.
- Unchecked: Allow sending birthday messages to patients, regardless of age.
- When checked, use the dropdown to select the age. (e.g. Patients under 14 will be excluded from birthday greetings.)
- Emails are sent based off the date of the patient's birthday, not the age of the patient the day the email is sent. For example, if sending emails 2 days before the birthday, if the patient isn't 14 yet, but will be in two days, they would be sent an email.
Clinic: Select the clinic to apply settings to.
Use Defaults: Check to use the default settings. Uncheck to create custom settings for the selected clinic.
Enabled: Check to enable Mass Email Birthdays for the selected clinic.
The birthday template can be edited as needed. Add language translations to send messages in the patient's preferred language. Each language will have it's own tab.
- Edit Template: Click to edit the template of the selected language.
- Add Language: Click to add a language translation. Translations must be input manually.
- Remove Language: Click to remove the selected language translation.
- Template Name: Enter the template name.
- Subject: Enter the subject of the email. Use Subject Fields to automatically insert information.
- Plain Text Body: Enter the plain text of the email. Use Body Fields to automatically insert information.
Edit HTML Body: Click to add HTML to the email message. See HTML Email.
Click Save when the template is finished, or click Cancel to cancel changes.