If you are using Legacy eRx, the following resources may be helpful.
Webinar: Using Legacy eRx
To access some of the areas below, you need to launch Legacy eRx (click eRx in Open Dental).
- Video: Click the Admin tab (under Orientation Views).
- Read Me First Documentation: Click the Admin tab (under Support).
- How to Write a Prescription
- Administrative Page Functions
- Online help for each screen (click the links at the bottom of each screen)
- Popup Help: Display help information in a new window.
- Help: Show help information at the bottom of the current screen.
- Reference Manual: A complete listing of all Help pages.
- Audio Tour: Click Resources in the top left corner of the Legacy eRx interface, then Tour at the bottom of the page.
- Compose Rx Video (YouTube)
- Legacy eRx will configure itself with use. The more you use it, the more information that will be available.
- Use the tabs across the top of the interface to move through the system.
- Select Dr./Staff: When you launch from Open Dental, the doctor/staff is passed to eRx.
- Compose Rx: Where each new prescription begins.
- Med Entry: Enter a medication without prescribing.
- Patient Details: General patient information. This field usually automatically populates.
- Diagnoses: Patient diagnoses and past medical history. Used for drug disease checking.
- Admin: Training materials, health plan and pharmacy lists.