Legacy eRx is an internet-based, secure, electronic prescribing system (eRx Companies). It only works in the United States and its territories, including Puerto Rico.
- Valid Open Dental registration key. The key must be active (currently on support) to enable Legacy eRx.
- Internet Explorer.
- A high-speed connection for efficient use (cable, DSL, etc.).
- Provider identity proofing fees will be added to your next statement.
- Monthly fees are billed in advance and appear on your statement the month after you first access Legacy eRx or use any feature in the interface.
- The EPCS fee of $150 is paid via PayPal to SureScripts during the registration process.
- If one provider uses Legacy eRx - Comprehensive, all other providers within the same database who use Legacy eRx will also be charged the comprehensive fee.
- If you ever stop using Legacy eRx, contact Open Dental support to cancel or monthly fees will continue.
For all issues (identity proofing, passwords, support, sign up) contact Open Dental Support only.
EHR: Providers in the EHR Incentive program should only use the comprehensive version because EHR Modified Stage 2 requires drug interaction and drug formulary checks to be enabled for the entire reporting period. See EHR Objective 4: ePrescribing and EHR Objective 2: Clinical Decision Support ( CDS ).
Note: Formulary checks only occur before dosing and will not display correctly after dosing has occurred.
Contact Open Dental support. We will activate the service and walk you through identity proofing and credentialing.
- The provider must be present during the call and should allocate ~30 minutes of uninterrupted time. Open Dental will not assist with setup if the provider is not present.
- Enter required information in Open Dental prior to the call. See Required Legacy eRx Information.
- The following documentation will be needed for credentialing so have it ready.
- It will take approximately 2 business days to approve credentials.
EPCS: EPCS sign up requires additional steps after identity proofing and credentialing have been approved and validated. Contact support for assistance.