Colorado Medicaid is an E-Claims Direct Carrier. Website: http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/HCPF/HCPF/1197364127336
- In the Main Menu, click Setup, Family/Insurance, Clearinghouses.
- Click Add.
- Set up as follows.
Tax ID Number: Enter the Trading Partner ID in the Tax ID Number field. Colorado Medicaid assigns the provider a Trading Partner ID once the provider is enrolled in Colorado Medicaid EDI. To locate the ID, log in to the Colorado Medicaid web portal at https://sp0.hcpf.state.co.us/Mercury/MainMenu.aspx. The Trading Partner ID is displayed in the upper left corner.
- Click OK to save
- For all Colorado Medicaid insurance plans, set the Filing Code to Medicaid on the Insurance Plan.
- For all Colorado Medicaid claims that will be submitted electronically, the carrier associated with the insurance plan must have a carrier name of CO Medicaid.
- Send the claim. A new file will be generated in the clearinghouse export folder. The claim has not been sent to Colorado Medicaid at this point.
- To finish sending, you must manually send the file over dial-up modem. The phone number to send to, as well as the login information for the dial-up session, can be found on the welcome letter sent to the provider from Colorado Medicaid.