There are three main steps to create Discount Plan:
- Create the adjustment type that will be used for the discount plan's adjustments.
- Create the discount plan's fee schedule and enter its fees.
- Create the discount plan (associate the adjustment type and fee schedule).
Step 1: Create the adjustment type
This adjustment type will be associated with all adjustments for the discount plan. Also see Definitions: Adj Types.
- In the Main Menu, click Setup, Definitions, Adj Types.
- Click Add.
- Name the new adjustment type, enter dp to flag it as a discount plan adjustment, then click OK.
If you have multiple discount plans, consider creating an adjustment type for each plan to track adjustment totals.
Step 2: Create a fee schedule for the discount plan and enter its fees
There are two options. Also see Procedure Fees.
- Enter the fees manually.
- Copy the UCR fee schedule, then decrease fees by a percentage.
Step 3: Create the Discount Plan
- In the Main Menu, click Lists, Discount Plans.
The Pats column lists the number of patients currently using this discount plan.
- Click Add.
- Enter the name of the discount plan in Description.
- Click [...] to select the discount plan's Fee Schedule.
- Click the Adjustment Type dropdown to select the adjustment type to use for the discount plan. Only adjustment types flagged as dp are options.
- View the number of Patients currently using this discount plan. Click the dropdown to view the list of names.
- Click OK to save.