See Database Management Systems.
Data corruption can happen to anyone and for a variety of reasons. If experiencing a corrupt database, follow these steps:
- Backup data BEFORE doing any other steps (including database maintenance). Anytime a corrupted table is repaired, there is a chance data can be wiped out. Having a backup may prevent additional data loss.
- Contact Open Dental and let us know the corruption error message. We can try and repair the table(s).
- If unable to contact Open Dental:
- For versions 17.4 and higher: On the server run the DatabaseIntegrityCheck.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Open Dental\. Verify the connection details, run the 'Check' and once that is finished run the 'Repair' if crashed or corrupt tables were found by the check.
- For versions 17.3 and lower: try running the Optimize tool in the Database Maintenance Tools Tab.
- If corruption still exists, contact Open Dental.