Passwords are required to log on to the CEMT.
- To add users, set permissions, and create passwords, see CEMT Security.
- Users can also change their own password while logged on. See Changing Passwords for the Logged-On User at the bottom of this page.
- Initially the Admin user has a blank password.
- After five failed log-on attempts in a row, a user will temporarily be locked out of the account for five minutes or until a user with Security Admin privileges manually unlocks the account.
The log on window that opens depends on whether the central manager database is hosted locally or on a Middle Tier server.
If hosted locally, or if no middle tier URI is entered, this Log On window opens.
Select the Open Dental User, enter the password, then click OK to log on.
If hosted on a middle tier server, and a URL is entered for the middle tier address in the CentralManagerConfig.xml file, the Choose Database window opens.
The default URI is the one entered in the CentralManagerConfig.xml file, but it can be modified. Enter the Open Dental user and password, then click OK to log on.
Change Passwords for the Logged-On User
- On the main Central Manager Window, click Setup, Password.
- Enter the Current Password. It will show as asterisks (*)
- Enter the new password. To show text, check Show.
- Click OK.
Version 15.2 and earlier: A password is optional. To change a password:
- On the main Central Manager window, click Setup, Password.
- The Access Code is I'm admin.
- Enter the new password, then click OK.