In order to cancel Open Dental support, you must call technical support and meet the following criteria:
- The location must have met the minimum support requirements.
- Most users: 6 months
- EHR users: 12 months
- Cannot be sharing a database with other locations that are on support and receiving software updates (e.g. using replication, remote desktop/ remote app server).
If you choose to cancel, the following services and benefits will no longer be available.
- Access to unlimited technical support.
- Software updates, bug fixes, and new features as new versions are released.
- Access to many eServices including:
- Any discounts earned. For example, if you cancel support at the discounted rate of $99 per month, then choose to reinstate support at a later date, the discount will no longer apply.
You may continue to use Electronic Prescriptions and Integrated Texting if support is cancelled, although increased usage charges may apply.