Web Sched Recall
Web Sched Recall, powered by Patient Viewer, allows current patients to schedule their recall appointments online. It is a paid service and you must be on support with an active registration key. The responsive design is intended for use on both desktop computers and mobile devices.
Sign Up: In version 17.1 and greater, use the eServices Signup Portal.
For all other versions, contact Open Dental. Fees for Software, Support, and Services
How it works:
- Practice customizes Web Sched Recall settings (operatories, recall types, automation options).
- Web Sched Recall reminders are sent to patients when recall is due. Each reminder contains a clickable link that is appointment and patient-specific. There are two methods of sending the reminder:
Automated Web Sched Recall reminders: When a recall is due, reminders are automatically sent to each patient's authorized representative using email and/or text message.
Manual Web Sched Recall reminders: Send individual or batch reminders manually via email and/or text message using the Recall List.
- Patient receives the reminder and clicks on the link to open a scheduling calendar in a browser.
- Patient selects an available appointment to schedule it.
- Scheduled appointments instantly show in Open Dental's Appointment schedule.
- Track appointments made via Web Sched using the Appointments report.
Note: For a list of supported browsers, see Computer Requirements. Web Sched Recall cannot be accessed on Windows Phones.
For information about Web Sched for new patient appointments, see Web Sched New Patient.