Web Sched, powered by Patient Viewer, allows patients to schedule their appointments online. There are two services available: Web Sched Recall and Web Sched New Patient. They are paid services and you must be on support with an active registration key. The responsive design is intended for use on both desktop computers and mobile devices.
See Web Sched services in action:
Sign Up: In version 17.1 and greater, use the eServices Signup Portal. For all other versions, contact Open Dental.
Web Sched Recall
Allow current patients to schedule their recall appointment online.
How it works:
- Practice customizes Web Sched Recall settings (operatories, recall types, automation options).
- Web Sched Recall reminders are sent to patients when recall is due. Each reminder contains a clickable link that is appointment and patient-specific. There are two methods of sending the reminder:
Automated Web Sched Recall reminders: When a recall is due, reminders are automatically sent to each patient's authorized representative using email and/or text message.
Manual Web Sched Recall reminders: Send individual or batch reminders manually via email and/or text message using the Recall List.
- Patient receives the reminder and clicks on the link to open a scheduling calendar in a browser.
- Patient selects an available appointment to schedule it.
- Scheduled appointments instantly show in Open Dental's Appointment schedule.
- Track appointments made via Web Sched using the Appointments Report.
Web Sched New Patient
Allow new patients 18 years of age and older to schedule their first appointment online.
How it works:
- Practice is issued a URL and links to it from their website.
- New patient clicks the link, selects an available appointment, enters basic contact information, and schedules it.
- Scheduled appointments instantly show in the Appointment schedule and a new patient record is created.
- Track appointments made via Web Sched using the Appointments report.
Note: For a list of supported browsers, see Computer Requirements. Web Sched cannot be accessed on Windows Phones.