Version 17.2 was released on 09/12/2017. EHR certified 2014 edition.
Mobile Web Use Mobile Web
- Add, delete, and move appointments in your appointment schedule.
- Set appointment and confirmation status, appointment type, and appointment notes.
- View and select operatories.
- Headquarters added to Clinic menu.
Substitution Codes: Control which procedures codes are downgraded by insurance plan. Procedure Estimate Downgrades
Setup Wizard: Run a setup wizard to help enter basic setup information. Setup Wizard
Changes by Category
- Create multiple patient clones per patient. Patient Clones
- Use specialties to differentiate patient clones. Clinics Definitions - Clinic Specialties.
- Option to place new patient clones in a new family and link to original patient via super family. Family Module Preferences, Super Family
- Patient clone relationship information removed from Edit Patient Information, Other tab.
- Patient clone tool buttons added to Family tool bar when Patient Clone is turned on (Add, Synch, Break). Patient Clones
- When a patient has a patient clone, a new Patient Clones grid shows in the Family module. Family Module
- Edit Popup (other users) permission allows/blocks user from editing or deleting popups created by other users. Permissions
- InsuranceCarrierCombine permission allows/blocks a user from combining insurance carriers. Permissions
- InsurancePlanCombine permission allows/blocks a user from combining insurance plans. Permissions
- 'Change existing Ins Plan using Pick from List' permission allows user to pick a new plan before dropping a plan. Permissions
- Set up automatic Open Dental log in when logged in to a Windows domain user. Setting up Single Sign on / LDAP
- When changing the user on a Task, user is prompted to enter their password. Tasks
- Reminder tasks pop up when they are due. Task Reminders
- Change any task to a task reminder and vice versa. Tasks
- New option to set a one-time task reminder. Task Reminders
- Allow backdating and deleting of specific procedures (with a $0 fee) by bypassing global lock date. Edit Procedure Codes
- Right click option to block incoming text messages from specific mobile numbers. Text Messaging Inbox
- Set specific sheets (e.g. Exam Sheets) to bypass the Global Lock Date. Sheet Properties
- DBM to fix invalid dates for all date columns. Database Maintenance
- DateTStamp column added to the LabCase table. Programming Resources
- OrthoCad bridge. Bridge - OrthoCAD
- Static text fields dateLastBW, dateLastExam, dateLastPanoFMX, dateLastPerio, and dateLastProphy are based on the first five characters of the procedure code. Static Text Fields
- Ability to cancel out of an auto note, save responses and unanswered prompts, then return at a later time to complete it. Auto Notes
- Column headers in wiki lists wrap. Wiki Lists
- Lab Fee field added to Edit Lab Case window. Creating a Dental Lab Case
- Key range columns and 'enable random primary keys' removed from Replication Setup window. Only will show when random primary keys are already enabled. Replication: Add Servers and Designate a Slave Monitor
- Option to add a default procedure note for treatment planned procedures. Edit Procedure Codes
- On Fill Sheet window, separate buttons for Print and Email. Filling Out Sheets
- All treatment plan calculations are saved with a treatment plan, regardless of the 'show' options selected at time of save. Treatment Plans
- Commlog button and fields for email address, SS#, Patient Status, and Billing Type added to the Add Family window. Enter New Patients by Family
- Saved treatment plans will retain the insurance estimate information of the plan at the time of the save, even if it is later dropped and a discount plan is added instead. Treatment Plan
- Additional property added to TigerView bridge to set the DOB year to a four digit format. TigerView
- Clinical Summ button added to EHR dashboard. EHR Dashboard
- Patient List button added to EHR dashboard. EHR Dashboard
- Discount plans can be dropped only. Delete option is removed. Discount Plans
- Warning message displays when changing the name of a custom patient field. Custom Patient Field
- When there is a version mismatch in a 'restored' database, Open Dental must be relaunched and updated before opening the restored database. Backup/Restore Tool
- Unhandled Exception window has new Copy All, Print, and Quit buttons. Users can only quit Open Dental when a UE appears. Unhandled Exceptions
- Database maintenance fix for missing ebill rows. Database Maintenance
- Progress bar shows when Database Maintenance closes. Database Maintenance