Version 16.4 (beta) was released on 12/22/2016.
- When using PayConnect to process a credit card payment, option to print and/or email receipt.
- EMV transaction support added for PayConnect.
- Invoices that use sheets have a new grid option that shows payments made the same day, payments made towards procedures on the invoice, and the remaining balance. There are also four new output fields.
- Statements that use sheets have option to include provider and invoice number in the StatementMain grid.
- Credit card token information is saved for all online payments made via the portal (whether logged in or not). Patient Porta: Online Patient Payments
- Click an adjustment in the account ledger to highlight associated procedures. Account Module
- If a recurring charge is denied, a declined transaction will show in the account ledger. Recurring Charges
- Option to only view future dated line items in the payment plan Amortization Schedule. Payment Plan Window
- Preference determines default setting for the Exclude past activity checkbox on the Payment Plan window. Account Module Preferences
- Filter prescription templates on the Select Prescription window by drug name or disp. Opt to show/not show controlled substances. Search for templates using multiple terms.
- When accessing the Problem List from the Medical area, all of the patient's current, active problems are highlighted. Patient Problem List
- Preference determines whether or not an insurance estimate is created when a procedure is entered with a previous date and status of 'complete'. Chart Module Preferences
- EHR dashboard enhanced to give quick and easy access to items that are required for EHR Modified Stage 2. EHR Dashboard
- Modified Stage 2 added as a 'stage' option for global and provider meaningful use stage. Setting Your MU Stage
- Secure Messaging calculation updated in accordance with Modified Stage 2 calculation requirements. EHR Secure Messaging
- Ortho chart tabs only show rows that pertain to the selected tab.
- Ortho Chart toolbar button has dropdown options to select specific tabs.
- Sort the Outstanding Insurance Claims report by column header.
- Receivables Breakdown report takes payment plans into account when using line-item payment plan accounting. Receivables Breakdown Report
- Go to a specific report page.
- Enhancements to Treatment Finder Report.
Sales Tax: Apply a sales tax adjustment, based on a percentage, to selected procedures.
- Option to hide 'hidden' users in the Security window. Security
- MobileWeb permission restricts users from logging in the Mobile Web. Permissions
- PatPlanCreate permission logs an audit trail entry when a patient insurance plan is created. Permissions
- PatPriProvEdit permission restricts users from editing a patient's primary provider. Permissions
- PatientBillingEdit permission for changing billing type and appointment scheduling checkbox. Permissions
- Preference to require strong passwords to also include a special character. Security
- ReferralEdit permission restricts users from editing or deleting a referral in the Referral List. Permissions
Custom bridges can now include gender, patient's primary provider, and patient's clinic. Custom Bridges
Customize auto notes by folder and reorder the list.
Tasks in progress are saved as drafts if Open Dental closes suddenly.
Description field in Task is expandable. Create Tasks
Task search preference to limit search results to 50.
Searching for Tasks
Only the computer that starts an update and admin computers can override an 'update in progress'. Updating Open Dental Versions
Procedure Code Tools window enhanced. Warning shows before running a tool that will overwrite customized settings.
Plug-in framework enhanced with virtual exception method.
Choose where custom patient fields
and custom appointment fields show.
Line numbers in the wiki scroll with the code text.
Speed enhancements to appointment views. Appointments
Subscribe users to alerts in the CEMT. CEMT Security
Search options added to the Problem List window. Problem List
A middle tier server can host multiple database connections.
Kiosk manager identifies each kiosk by computer name and session name. Launch the Kiosk
Enhancements to keyboard controls for auto notes. Using Auto Notes
Construct a web form URL that links multiple forms together, creates a redirect, and/or associates a clinic. Upload Web Forms
Update web forms without changing the URL. Upload Web Forms
Update the claim tracking status for multiple claims at once.
EDS clearinghouse uses web calls to retrieve dental claims.
New automation trigger and action can restrict ability to schedule appointments based on billing type. Automation
Click a button to electronically sign notes.
Fill Sheet window control panel moved to bottom of window. Filling Out Sheets
Set a default sheet to use for prescriptions printed on a single page (Rx). Setting Sheet Defaults
Superfamilies can be sorted by sorted
last names (instead of first). Family Module Preferences
Field added as an option for a message segment: 'messageTypeNoStruct'. Generic HL7 Message Structure.
Public Health tab on Edit Patient Information window has enhanced race/ethnicity options based on CDCREC codes. Public Health Tab
Public Health tab on Edit Patient Information window has areas to document sexual orientation and gender identity. Public Health Tab