Secure Web Mail - Send, View, Reply
Only providers can send, view, and reply to Secure Web Mails.
Send Secure Web Mails to a Patient
Any user can create a secure web mail but only a provider can send a secure web mail. Once sent, the secure message is sent to the patient portal and an email notification is sent to the patient.
- Select the Patient.
- In the main Toolbar click WebMail. If any setup steps are incomplete, notifications will show at the bottom of the window in red.
- Verify the patient the message is regarding. Click the dropdown to change to a different member of the current family.
- Verify the From provider. By default it is the patient's primary provider. Click [...] to change.
- Enter a Subject and a Message (required).
- To include an attachment (e.g. a Clinical Summary), click Attach. You will be prompted to locate and select the file.
- If images and documents are stored in a local or network folder (see Data Paths), a list of all images in the selected patient's A to Z folder on the local or network folder will display first. Locate the file and click Open to select it.
- If images and documents are stored in Dropbox, a Select Files window will open listing all images in the selected patient's Dropbox A to Z folder.
- Double click a file to select it, or highlight it and click OK.
- Click the right arrow to refresh the list.
- Click Preview to view a selected file on-screen.
- Click Select Local File to search for the file on the local drive.
- Click Send.
If the logged on user is associated with the From provider, the messages will be sent. If the logged on user is not associated with the From provider, the provider password is required.
- Enter the password, then click OK.
Notifications can have a different email 'from' address. See General Email Settings. Sent secure web mails list in Chart module.
To view, copy, or print the email notification (insecure) and the contents of the secure message, click the Preview Button .
View and Reply to Web Mail from a Patient
Secure web mails for the logged-on provider show in the WebMail Email Inbox.
- In the Manage module, click Email Inbox.
- Select WebMail in the upper left. Secure web mails for the logged-on provider's patients list.
- Double-click a message to view it.
- To reply, type a response in the Message field, then click Send.
To close the message without a reply, click Cancel.