Send Secure Messages to another Provider
To exchange patient information with another provider securely, you can use Secure Web Mail and the Portal. This means you will need to create a record for the provider in Open Dental, and grant portal access.
- Add the provider to Open Dental. At a minimum, enter the provider's email address and assign a primary provider (usually the provider who will send the messages. See Entering a Patient.
- Grant Portal Access to the provider, then supply the provider with their username and password.
- Select the provider, then click the Email dropdown, Secure Web Mail.
- To attach a document, click Attach, then locate the file on your computer.
- Enter a Subject and Message.
- Click Send. A notification will be sent to the provider that a secure message is in the portal. They will need to log in to view or download the file. They can also use the portal to send a reply message.