Receivables Breakdown Report
This report is a breakdown of total amounts due by date. Receivables = (Production + Adjustments + Writeoffs) - (Patient Payments + Insurance Payments).
- If using Line Item Payment Plans, this report will take into account payment plan amounts due. If not using line item payment plans, it will not.
- To make the totals on this report match the Aging of A/R Report total, see the bottom of this page.
- Note: For security permissions that affect report access, see Permissions.
- In the main menu, click Reports, Standard.
- In the Monthly section, click Receivable Breakdown.
- Providers: Select the providers to include. Practice is the default option and the same as including all providers. Provider selection is only an option if the logged-on user has the 'Production and Income, View All Providers' permission.
- Show Insurance Writeoffs: Select when writeoffs should be applied. See Applying Writeoffs to Production for more details.
Use insurance payment date: Apply writeoffs on the date the insurance claim is received (Receive a Claim).
Use procedure date: Apply writeoffs on the day the procedure is completed.
- Up to the following date: Select the end date for the report. The start date is always the first day of the month.
- Click OK to generate the report.
Matching Receivables Breakdown and Aging of A/R Totals
To get the Aging of A/R Report Total to match the Receivables Breakdown, 'Ending A/R' Total, run each report for all providers and select the options below.
Receivables Breakdown Report:
- Provider: Practice
- Show Insurance Writeoffs: Select 'Using insurance payment date'.
- Dates: Same as Aging of A/R Report.
Aging of A/R Report:
- Date: Same as Receivables Breakdown report.
- Age of Account: Any Balance
- Negative Balances:
- Check 'Include negative balances'.
Do NOT check 'Only show negative balances'.
- Exclusions: Do NOT check any of the exclusions.
- Billing Types: All
- Providers: All
The reports will not match if run for specific providers, even if there are no payment plans. The Aging of A/R report includes all entries associated with any patient who has the selected provider as their primary provider at the time of the work. The Receivable Breakdown includes ONLY the entries where the selected provider was the provider on the procedure/claim/adjustment/writeoff. These totals will be very different.