Provider Payroll Production and Income Report
The Provider Payroll report is a Production and Income report that can be used to determine a provider's net production and income. Some offices use this report to determine how much to pay their providers when the providers earn a certain percentage of net income. The calculations for determining production and income in this report were custom created for a specific use and may not apply to your office.
There are two report types, Summary and Patient Detail. The second column will show "Day" for Summary reports and "Patient" for Patient Detail reports.
- Summary: Lists the total production per day in the date range for all selected providers.
- Patient Detail: Lists production for each individual patient in the date range for all selected providers.
If you want to use this report:
- Make sure the calculations that determine the values in the report apply to your office. See the column descriptions below.
- Use the Pay Split Manager to allocate all income.
- Enable the Claim Snapshot and set up a trigger.
Example of a Summary Report and How Each Column is Calculated
Columns two through six are production, and seven through 12 are income.
Date: The date that corresponds to the numbers calculated in each column.
Day: The day of the week that corresponds to the numbers calculated in each column. Only shows on Summary report type.
Patient: The name of the patient associated to all procedures, adjustments, and claim procs. This is the actual patient on the pay split. Only shows on Patient Detail report type.
UCR Production: Gross production based on completed procedures that were set complete within the date range. Does not include capitation writeoffs.
Est Writeoff: The total amount expected for insurance to write off. Claim Snapshot must be enabled or the values will be zero.
Prod Adj: The sum all of adjustments that were created or edited within the date range. Excludes Bad Debt type adjustments.
Change in Writeoff: The difference between the Est Writeoff amount and the actual writeoff (estimated minus actual).
Net Prod(NPR): The sum of gross production, estimated writeoff, adjustments, and change in writeoff columns.
Pat Inc Alloc: The sum of payments entered within the date range that are attached to a particular procedure.
Pat Inc Unalloc: The sum of payments entered within the date range that are not attached to a particular procedure.
Ins Income: The sum of all received claim payments that were marked Received or Supplemental within the date range.
Ins Not Final: The sum of all received insurance payments not yet attached to a finalized claim payment, that were marked Received or Supplemental within the date range.
The sum of the allocated patient income (Pat Inc Alloc) and the insurance income (Ins Income) columns.
UCR Production is calculated by ProcFee x (UnitQty+BaseUnits).
UCR and Est Writeoff dates are based on the Procedure.DateComplete (the date the procedure was originally set complete) column instead of ProcDate. For a full description of DateComplete, see Database Documentation for procedurelog , #62.
Print the Report
The Provider Payroll report can list total production per day (Summary) or per patient (Patient Detail). The report types are hidden by default. To enable Provider Payroll Report Summary or Patient Detail, see Report Setup, Display Settings, Production & Income.
- In the main menu, click Reports, Standard.
- Click Provider Payroll Summary or Provider Payroll Detail.
The report type chosen in step two will be selected by default.
- Providers: Select the providers to include, or check All to include all providers, including hidden providers, that have claim payments for the report period. 'Unearned' will include pay splits with an unearned type (not associated to a provider, such as prepayments). Typically this report is run for one provider at a time.
Note: The Include Unearned checkbox was removed in version 16.4. This checkbox worked similar to the 'Unearned' provider in that it included/excluded payments with an unearned type.
- Clinics: If using Clinics, select the clinics to include, or check All to include all clinics. Clinic is determined by the clinic of the procedure (place of service).
- Date Range: Select the date range of the report. The default is based on the current Pay Period, if one is set up. Otherwise it defaults to one week prior to today's date.
- Today's Date is automatically populated with today's date for reference.
- This Period: Reset dates to match current pay period.
- Right/Left arrows: Move
back or forward one period at a time.
- Click OK to generate the report.