This tool gives you access to every field in the patient table and writes the SQL for you. This means you don't have to know anything about SQL, but can still create very complex queries.
- In the Main Menu, click Standard. In the Lists section, click Patients - Raw.
- On the SELECT tab, create the SELECT portion for the query. Simply highlight the columns you want to see. As you highlight items, the statement will show at the bottom.
- On the WHERE tab, create the WHERE portion of the query. These options will limit the rows returned to only the criteria you specify.
- Field options: They may not exactly match the names of the columns. For instance, instead of simply including birth date, there is also an option for Age. Options like First Visit Date let you choose items that are not even in the patient table, but must be joined with data from another table. The end result is that you get a very powerful search tool which you can tailor to your needs.
- Operator: LIKE, equals, greater than, less than, greater than or equal to, less than or equal to, or not equal to.
- Text Box: Enter the value that must be met.
- Click Add to create the statement. It will show as a row in the middle of the page, and append to the formed query at the bottom.
- Add additional WHERE statements as needed. In the formed query, these will be linked by AND. To delete an item, highlight it, then click Delete Row.
- Click OK to run the query and view results in the Query window.