Set up PayConnect (a single set of credentials)
Below are instructions for setting up a single set of credentials for PayConnect. If using Clinics, you can set different credentials for different merchant accounts. See Set up PayConnect for Clinics instead.
- Open the PayConnect Setup window. There are three options:
- (first credit card transaction) On the Payment window, click PayConnect.
- In the main menu, click Setup, Program Links, PayConnect.
- On the Payment window, right click on PayConnect, Settings.
- Check the Enabled box.
- Select the default payment type for PayConnect transactions. Customize options in Definitions - Payment Types.
- Select the Default Processing Method:
- Web Service: Process card transaction through web service.
- Terminal: Process card transaction through credit card terminal.
- Enter the Username and Password supplied by PayConnect. Passwords are case sensitive.
Note: this password is typically the same as the password for ClaimConnect if you are using that service.
- To use a credit card terminal for EMV transactions, check Enable terminal processing. The Download Driver button will display. Click to download and install the terminal driver (VeriFoneUSBUARTDriver_Vx_126.96.36.199_B5.zip). An internet connection is required.
Once the driver is installed, contact PayConnect for additional setup instructions.
- Recurring charge list force duplicates by default: By default, duplicate charges to the same card, on the same day, for the same amount will be denied. This is to prevent accidentally charging a card twice. Check this box to allow duplicate charges on the same card by default. Used if family members have recurring charges setup on the same credit card.
- Click OK.
To set the default setting for storage of credit card tokens, see Account Module Preferences, Automatically store credit card tokens.