PayConnect: Process a Credit Card Payment
When using PayConnect to process a credit card payment, follow these steps.
- In the patient's Account module, click Payment.
- Enter the payment Amount and any other information.
- If the credit card information (token) has already been stored, select the credit card to apply the charge to. If not, proceed to step 4.
- Click PayConnect.
- Select Sale as the Transaction Type. Sale is standard credit card charge.
- Enter the card information, or, if you are swiping a card, make sure the cursor is in the Card Number box, then swipe the card. The fields will populate with the information from the card. If using a card on file, the name and zip code stored on the Credit Card Manage window will populate the fields.
- To store the credit card number and expiration date as a token for future use, check Save Token. Set the default in Account Module Preferences.
- (optional) Have patient sign the transaction. See Electronic Signature Options.
- Click OK. Open Dental will communicate directly with the PayConnect server to process the card. Receipts are automatically printed once the payment is successful, or you will receive a prompt to select print settings.
Note: If using Clinics, the clinic selected on the Payment window will be used to process the charge.
When finished, a note about the transaction will be automatically added to the Payment window, Note field.
Two additional buttons will also show on the Payment window:
- Print Receipt: Reprint a PayConnect receipt. To reprint a PayConnect receipt in Payconnect's payment portal, search for the transaction number, then manually reprint.
- Email Receipt: Generate a PDF copy of a PayConnect receipt and Email it to the patient. A copy of the receipt is saved in the patient's Images module.
Duplicate Charges: By default, duplicate charges to the same card, on the same day, for the same amount will be denied. This is to prevent accidentally charging a card twice. To force processing of a duplicate charge, check Force Duplicate before processing the charge.
Signatures: If you capture electronic signatures, they will be stored with PayConnect.
Clicking Cancel on the Payment window after a successful PayConnect transaction will void the transaction. Then two payments (one for the sale and one for the void) will show in the Patient Account.